Hey everyone! My name is Alina Semjonov and this is my personal blog. I live in Toronto, Canada, but I’m always planning my next trip to the beach! When I started posting photos on Instagram, people became interested in the places I visited. I decided a blog would be the best way to share some information about the places, and also about me!
- I was born in Tallinn, Estonia, a small Baltic country in Eastern Northern Europe that was part of the USSR
- My family moved to Canada when I was 4 years old (I don’t have an accent and consider myself more Canadian than Estonian!)
- My grandfather on my father’s side was Russian, and this is why I have a Russian last name
- I grew up in Ottawa, Canada (the capital of Canada)
- I moved to Toronto, Canada, by myself to attend University of Toronto for Industrial Engineering when I was 17
- I graduated the 4-year University of Toronto Engineering program with honours and PEY (Professional Experience Year) that I did at BMW Canada HQ
- Post graduation, I went into finance (portfolio/wealth management) at a boutique firm in downtown Toronto, where I learned to pick and manage stocks under 3 portfolio managers
- During this time, I met several interesting people that influenced me and I realized life is too short. I wanted to travel more and have more freedom, and because I had the ability and opportunity to do so, I quit my job to do just that!
- After quitting, I started travelling to Bahamas for fun and I fell in love with Exuma! (and during this time is when my instagram/blog started)
- I manage my own private investment fund, and I have some new plans that are in the works for my future career path! (Stay tuned!)
- I believe the experiences you get from going to new places and trying new things are the best “things” you can ever buy. My goal is that when I live to be 100 (we’ll see!), I want to look back and not regret a thing, and know that I did everything in my power to live in the moment and be as happy as possible
- In terms of health & lifestyle, I follow a low-carb ketogenic lifestyle that I’m really passionate about. I also work out 3 times a week at my local Equinox gym, where I focus on strength/weight training, but also do pilates and spinning classes time to time!
You can also follow my instagram (@alinasemjonov) to keep up to date of where I am and what I’m up to! 🙂
23 thoughts on “About Me”
Came here for your blog post about swimming with pigs. Great blog so far and look forward to the future posts. Would be great to hear more about the investment world and why you decided to get out of it also in a future post.
Hi Alina, I also have a Canadian/Estonian/Russian background. I wanted to ask you what company did you work for in the finance world? I love your blog!
Thank you 🙂 You can find out the company if you look at my other online profiles (google me).
Great blog.. I love the Bahamas as well, a group of us go every year. What’s your favorite island? I’ve only been to The Abacos but more to come.
Thanks! My favourite part of Bahamas, so far, are the exumas. I want to see Abacos sometime soon too! I might go later this spring! Any must see spots there?
Nippers bar and grill…treasure cay…hope town….tahiti beach…cruise the blight of abaco…Petes pub. Rock on! One thing for sure is Bahamas has so much geographical diversity. Abacos are so different from exuma.
Hopetown is a must! So many beautiful places to explore. Very unique little town.
Hi Alina !
I love your blog, I live in Michigan but I was born and raised on Exuma, Bahamas. I moved to Michigan when I was 16 years old but still have family in Exuma and a few other islands. I love stocking Island.
Would love to talk more about Exuma..
Make it a great day !
Hi Patrick! Thank you for the kind words! And that’s amazing you had the privilege of being from such a gorgeous island. I love it there and can’t wait to head back soon!
Am heading down in January for a week, you should come on down. We are going to have a big bash !..
Hey Alina !
Am heading down to Exuma on January 15th – 22nd
you are very pretty lady.. always stay with love…
If, you need a professional photographer for your next travel…contact me! With no cost….
How old are you?
What is your height and weight?.
I also like ketogenic diet.
I train horses in Indiana so I keep myself busy but I love your blogs and posts from the Bahamas and it looks like an amazing place to be and I’m super jealous!!
Hey Alina I’m 21 years old and I wanna travel and blog so bad that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do but I don’t know how to get started I don’t really have any money. How do you get started and get the funds to travel. It’s my dream !!!
ILOVE YOU ALINA
I love the Exhumas and Abacos as well. The yachting like is where I unwind and feel the most alive. Incredible to be surrounded by nature like that. Nice to see a girl that seems to be more than just a pretty face. You have a sense of class that is refreshing. 🙂
Which beaches at Exumas would you recommend if we love swimming. Not a snorkeling, just swimming – long shore, calm water, pretty deep, no rocks etc? Planning to go end of March, April.
Hello to all
In this baffling continuously, I love you all
Esteem your relations and friends