Hey everyone! My name is Alina Semjonov and this is my personal blog. I live in Toronto, Canada, but I’m always planning my next trip to the beach! When I started posting photos on Instagram, people became interested in the places I visited. I decided a blog would be the best way to share some information about the places, and also about me!
- I was born in Tallinn, Estonia, a small Baltic country in Eastern Northern Europe that was part of the USSR
- My family moved to Canada when I was 4 years old (I don’t have an accent and consider myself more Canadian than Estonian!)
- My grandfather on my father’s side was Russian, and this is why I have a Russian last name
- I grew up in Ottawa, Canada (the capital of Canada)
- I moved to Toronto, Canada, by myself to attend University of Toronto for Industrial Engineering when I was 17
- I graduated the 4-year University of Toronto Engineering program with honours and PEY (Professional Experience Year) that I did at BMW Canada HQ
- Post graduation, I went into finance (portfolio/wealth management) at a boutique firm in downtown Toronto, where I learned to pick and manage stocks under 3 portfolio managers
- During this time, I met several interesting people that influenced me and I realized life is too short. I wanted to travel more and have more freedom, and because I had the ability and opportunity to do so, I quit my job to do just that!
- After quitting, I started travelling to Bahamas for fun and I fell in love with Exuma! (and during this time is when my instagram/blog started)
- I manage my own private investment fund, and I have some new plans that are in the works for my future career path! (Stay tuned!)
- I believe the experiences you get from going to new places and trying new things are the best “things” you can ever buy. My goal is that when I live to be 100 (we’ll see!), I want to look back and not regret a thing, and know that I did everything in my power to live in the moment and be as happy as possible
- In terms of health & lifestyle, I follow a low-carb ketogenic lifestyle that I’m really passionate about. I also work out 3 times a week at my local Equinox gym, where I focus on strength/weight training, but also do pilates and spinning classes time to time!
You can also follow my instagram (@alinasemjonov) to keep up to date of where I am and what I’m up to! 🙂